Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test
Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit checks the level of Triglycerides (TG) in the blood. High levels of Triglycerides (TG) predispose an individual to higher chances of acquiring cardiovascular diseases.
• Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit measures the amount of Triglycerides (TG) present in blood.
• Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit aids in the prevention of cardiovascular-related diseases.
• Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit helps in early detection of cardiovascular diseases.
Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit is to help those who are looking for a convenient way of checking their Triglycerides (TG) levels. Triglycerides (TG) are the fats that your body store. Your body acquires Triglycerides (TG) from the foods that you eat. Basically, they enter the body in form of large molecules. You body will try to break them down into smaller particles so that they will become sources of energy. But before that, they passed through the liver where they are packed inside the Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL). Unused Triglycerides (TG) are then stored as fats.
Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit checks whether you have high levels of Triglycerides (TG). High levels of Triglycerides (TG) have been associated to health problems like high cholesterol levels and hypertension.
High levels of Triglycerides (TG) and cholesterol have been found to increase an individual’s chances of acquiring the following cardiovascular problems.
Atherosclerosis is one of the major causes of heart diseases. Atherosclerosis occurs when too much Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) circulates the blood. Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) may damage the wall of a blood vessel. Macrophages and white blood cells will accumulate on the site of damage, which in the long run will cause plaque formation and hardening of the blood vessel wall. This phenomenon will cause the following health problems:
• Inability of the affected blood vessel to expand and accommodate large volume of blood resulting to high blood pressure
• Inability of the damage blood vessel to supply adequate amount of blood to a certain body organ
• Greater possibility that the plaque will be dislodged. Dislodged plaque may enter the blood vessels supplying the heart. These blood vessels will also hardened and limit the amount of blood that supplies the heart. Decreased blood supply to the heart leads to heart attack, more commonly known as Myocardial Infarction (MI).
• Dislodged plaque may also enter the blood vessels that supply the brain with blood. This will decrease the amount of blood supplying the brain; hence the occurrence of stroke or Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA).
• Myocardial Infarction (MI) and Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA) may lead to serious complications, and even death.
Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit helps prevent the occurrence of the above fatal diseases. Simply check your Triglyceride (TG) levels and seek professional help from practitioners if results showed elevated levels of Triglycerides (TG).
Lifestyle modification is the key factor to prevent Heart diseases. Individuals who are under medications to manage their high cholesterol levels can also use the Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit to constantly monitor and check their Triglyceride (TG) levels. The Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit is simple and easy to use. You can perform the test on your own and at the comforts of your own home.
Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit is a cheaper alternative to an expensive serum test. Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit yields accurate results, and is less painful compared to other blood tests.
Guide to Blood Sample Collection:
The right time to collect your blood sample is within 30 minutes upon waking in the morning. Do not eat or drink anything, except water. Remember to gather the specimen on flat surfaces like tables.
When testing with Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit, make sure to collect sample on the 19th, 20th or 21st day of your menstrual cycle. (Day1 starts at the first day of bleeding.) If you have irregular menstruation, collect sample when not bleeding and at least 5 days prior to expected menstruation. For women who do not have periods and for men, you can collect blood samples any day of the month.
**If you are taking/ using HORMONES, please take note of the following suggested time frame of collection. Failure to collect within this recommended periods may result in False High or Low results.
• Pills, Gels, Creams, Sprays – allow 12 to 24 hours from your last dose before collecting sample
• Troches, Sublinguals (under the tongue) – allow 36 hours from your last dose before collecting sample
• Patches – allow 24-48 hours from the patch application before collecting samples
• Injections/ Pellets – collect sample at midpoint between injections or pellet insertions
Additional instructions for Topical Hormones Users:
It is very important to avoid transferring the hormones to the face or neck because this may yield in false high results. Just remember to:
• Avoid using uncovered hands, when applying topical hormones, for at least 48 hours before collection
• Apply the topical cream/ gel to body parts that are covered by clothing
• Avoid contact with objects that maybe contaminated with the hormones (such as faucet door knobs and counters)
• Wash hands after applying the hormones. Use soap and water then pat dry.
When Testing with Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit, the blood specimen requires that you fast so do not take any food or drinks (except water) 10 to 12 hours prior to collection in the morning.
Preparing to collect the sample:
• Ready the contents of Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit
• Before collection, it is important to print your name, date and time of collection where indicated.
• Wash your hands and pat dry.
For Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit, follow these instructions when collecting:
• Stick the filter card flat on a table surface (lower level than the waist) with the flap hanging down and away from the collection filter strip. See Picture A above. Remember that the back of the flap should not touch the blood filter collection strip.
• Open the provided alcohol prep pad and sanitize the gauze and put it next to the affixed filter card.
• If possible, use the non-dominant arm’s middle or ring finger as this is the best choice to draw blood.
• Rub the finger with the alcohol prep pad and allow for 15-30 seconds of drying time.
• Get the lancet, remove the cap and apply pressure on the small white section strongly against the side of the finger tip until the lancet ticks. (Tip: To promote blood flow before cutting the fingertip, swing your arms, place hand under lukewarm water and/ or rub hands together.)
• Use the sterile gauze pad to wipe up the first drop of blood.
• Put the cut finger above the blood spot card circles (See Picture B above) then gently milk the finger to extract blood. Do not squeeze the fingers. To allow for gravitational pull of the blood, collect samples by placing the hand lower than the waist.
• As the droplet of blood forms and is ready to fall, let the droplet come into contact with the center of the circle. Keep on collecting until all the circles have been filled with blood sample. Please refer to Picture C for the correct sample and Picture D for unacceptable samples.
• When you’re done, blot with a clean gauze then put on a dressing.
• Let the blood spot card dry for at least 30 minutes.
• When the specimens are dried, close the flap and put inside the plastic box.
Sending and Getting the Results:
• Remember that after collection, the dried blood spot sample should be kept at room temperature.
• Complete all necessary information on the Test Requisition Form (included in the test kit).
• Put the collected sample, test requisition and all important documents inside the Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit box and close properly.
• Put everything inside the UPS packaging; attach the prepaid label or postage. Please see the Instructions attached with the kit for information on where to send the blood spot sample along with the completed paperwork.
Results of the Triglycerides (TG) Blood Spot Test Kit usually takes 3 to 5 days, upon receipt by the lab, to complete. By the 5th to 7th business day, test results are sent back to the patient or providers, who ordered them. Results are also available online, through secured internet means.
IMPORTANT: Please take note that certain restrictions are imposed on New York and California residents regarding test kits. Before purchasing, please read the information carefully:
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE NEW YORK STATE:
The health laws implemented in the New York State forbids the testing of specimens collected in or sent from New York and also forbids communication of data from the lab to New York residents or health care providers. For that reason, it is not possible for NY residents to directly receive their results.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA STATE:
According to the health laws of California, specimen mailed from their state, or collected, should come with a written request for the laboratory test from a physician or health care provider that is licensed in California.
This includes the following disciplines: M.D.; D.C.; LAc; R.D.; D.O.; N.P.; and Pharmacists (R.PH). As of September 2002 (Senate Bill 577), such lab tests may be ordered by complementary/alternative health care practitioners "not providing services that require medical training." California consumers not working with a licensed health care professional should contact a compounding pharmacist in their area.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: